New: We test for PFAS
The new iEC group "Halogen Chemicals (PFAS)" is now available.
PFAS – The toxin of the century in media
(by Andreas Scholl, Stefan Georgios Moellhausen)
in Germany, widespread media coverage in recent days has drawn attention to PFAS, i.e. perfluorinated and polyfluorinated chemicals, and their long-term exposure in the environment. Pathologically, these are suspected of causing cancer, inducing infertility and weakening the immune system. As experts in the field of epigenetics, we expressly welcome investigative reporting in this form and recommend ourselves with our expertise in this area. Our laboratory work over many years deals almost exclusively with influencing substances and their effects on living beings and nature.
At this point we would like to enrich the findings for interested readers: From an epigenetic point of view, the substances belonging to PFAS are all extremely toxic and should be removed from our food, our environment, our body and not be reabsorbed. The findings in the field of toxicology are by no means new to us and absolutely not surprising. For you as a physician, further information regarding the epigenetic effects and influences of PFAS is important to pass on to your patients.
How can the IGL lab help now?
We have added further PFAS and chlorinated chemicals to our iEC analytics at short notice and offer these as substance group "halogen chemicals" or individually selectable via our iEC webtool (https://www.igl-labor.de/en/service/online-services/iec-selection-tool).
In addition to an accumulation of PFAS in the blood, from an epigenetic point of view we often find a blocked mitochondrial SOD (SOD2), sometimes massive changes in the mitochondrial membranes, often with CFS and mitochondrial insufficiency, as well as altered translocators and corresponding DNA adducts.
Below the PFAS and chlorinated chemicals we test are listed:
- 2,3,3,3-Tetrafluoro-2-(heptafluoropropoxy)propanoic acid (HFPO-DA)
- Ammonium salt of 4,8-dioxa-3H-perfluorononanoic acid (ADONA)
- Perfluorocarboxylic acid (PFCA)
- Perfluorododecanoic acid (PFDoDA)
- Perfluorohexanesulfonic acid (PFHxS)
- Perfluorooctanesulfonic acid (PFOS)
- Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA)
- Perfluorotetradecanoic acid (PFTeDA)
- Perfluorotridecanoic acid (PFTrDA)
- Perfluoroundecanoic acid (PFUnDA)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE,Teflon)
- Tetrafluoromethane (CF4)
- Dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane (DDT)
- Hexachlorobenzene (HCB)
- Oxocarboxylic acid
- Pentachlorophenol (PCP)
- Polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB)
- Polychlorinated dibenzodioxins (PCDD)
- Polychlorinated dibenzofurans (PCDF)
Your IGL LABORATORY